Dr. Dora Fernández-Agrafojo
Dr. Fernández Agrafojo obtained her Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Santiago de Compostela in 1984. She specialised in Ophthalmology at the Hospital Clínic in Barcelona, and completed her doctorate at the University of Barcelona in 1992. The subject of her doctoral thesis was «Divergent Strabismus Surgery», for which she was awarded an outstanding cum laude. The thesis was an important stepping stone to her professional career, which has since focused on strabismus surgery in both children and adults.
Specialist in Paediatric ophthalmology and Strabismus.
Director of INOF
Dr Fernández-Agrafojo is currently the director of the INOF Eye Research and Surgery Centre that offers comprehensive services to prevent, diagnose and treat eye conditions
Membership of Professional Associations
- Member of the Catalan Society of Ophthalmology
- Member of the Spanish Society of Strabology
- Member of the European Society of Strabology
- Member of the International Strabismological Association (ISA)
- Full member of the Academic Foundation of Medical Sciences
- Member of the Latin American Council of Strabismus (CLADE)
- Member of the Faculty Board of the Teknon Medical Center since October 2014
- Member of the editorial board at LEOP
Dr. Fernández is a tireless worker who loves her profession. A constant feature of her professional career are the articles and communications she publishes in specialised journals as well as her participation in top level courses and conferences both in Spain and abroad.